Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Guys and Dolls

Franky in Guys and Dolls, ca. 1955
I had forgotten how stressful the theater could be. It's been a looooooong time since I have done anything theater related. Think: High School. So I completely underestimated how much stress I would be under. Good stress of course, but stress none the less. I've been having a blast designing costumes for this show and coordinating outfits... but I have no time for anything else. Including blogging apparently.

I had also forgotten how EVERYTHING is last minute when you're putting on a show. Last week I was having a heart attack. This week I'm still having a heart attack, but I can see everything starting to come together. The sets are arriving, I'm picking up our rentals early next week and I was finally given an advance on costumes so I can pick up the last of my supplies. Yes, things are going to work out just fine.

Still... if anyone ever asks me to costume a cast of 42 in 2 weeks ever again I am running for the hills! It's been a fun challenge, but it's been a big challenge. I can't wait for the publicity shots to come in so I can finally show you all what I've been working on every night for the past two weeks. Show opens for "Family Night" (read: Another Dress Rehearsal) in 1 week!

In other awesometastic news; one of my bridesmaids/favorite people in the universe is visiting from DC this week!! Here she is being her awesome camera woman self in a very mysterious place.


We've been having a great time. I feel a little bad because she's had to share the guest room with about 100 costumes, but she's taking it in strides. This lady has lived 3 months on a boat, traveling the world, filming, photographing, and generally having an awesome life on one suit case. Apparently my guest room is nothing.

We've decided to go to hit up a vintage wedding dress store in Atlanta tonight. So sweet! I'll bring New Old Camera and get some pictures for all of you. Who knows, maybe we'll find something fabulous there.

No comments: