Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Would you wear this?

I normally don't pay any mind to the Butterick Catalogs. I normally give them a brief thumb-through before throwing them in the trash. However, Butterick's New Fall pattern line intrigued me. So many of the designs are based on vintage dresses this time around. Stylistically they seem to be drawing from the 1960s and 1970s, but I'll post more on those later this week.

This pattern I thought was really quite cute. I don't normally go for modern dresses... mostly because my house is full of vintage ones, but this looked like a nice classic design.


I'm totally digging the cowl neck, but it's the back of the dress that really caught my eye.


Cute right? I love the little coat detailing. So what do you all think? Would you wear this? What fabric would you choose? Would you go dual color or maybe a solid?


Comment! Let me know what you think. Oh.. and PS. This pattern is on sale right now for $4.50. Or you could just wait for a 99cents pattern sale.

4 comments:

estroJen said...

I love it!! :) I would wear it and I love the back as well!!

estroJEN

Anonymous said...

I've been looking very hard at this pattern for a while now, and I'm pretty sure I love it. The back is what did it for me, too!

Garnet

Suzanne said...

I saw this pattern at Joann's yesterday (99 cents) and debated about getting it....I don't do alot with Butterick either, except their children's patterns. Like the back detail too.

Staci J said...

Oh this is classy!! I would love to see it in a houndstooth fabric with neutral colors...
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today:)
justsewsassy.com