Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside.


We're well into day two of being snowed in. I suppose though that it might be better to say that we are iced in. It was snow on Sunday evening, but as of today (Tuesday) it has all become an half inch of solid ice. Did I mention that I live in Georgia? The sunny south? 


Here is my driveway. You can see the six inch by three inch spot where the heat of the day (a staggering 36 degrees) has melted through to the concrete. The first sign of thawing!

I'm starting to go a little stir crazy! I've never been snowed-in in my life! And I'm from upstate New York! Of course the North is set up to handle these kinds of situations. Without any trucks to plow or salt with it's almost impossible to clear the roads. Our only hope is that the sun will melt the ice enough for us to drive safely again.


So for now this is the scene around our house. Not much of a view I suppose.

No comments: