Saturday, January 22, 2011

Delicious Frozen Yogurt Time for a cure!


So in case you're local and you didn't know, the south side of town now has it's own TCBY. Little known fact about me: I love TCBY. Not just like, love. We had a TBCY at the local mall while I was growing up and almost every time we went I would beg for TCBY yogurt. At the time my favorite flavor was their White Chocolate Mousse, which believe me I would still be enjoying on a regular basis if my stomach could handle the dairy. 

In any case the new TCBY is in Peachtree City, Georgia and is just a stones throw away from Haus of Nancy. When I scheduled a meeting with one of my favorite local ladies and fellow health food enthusiast, Mrs Carol, on Thursday we both knew where we were going.


The new Yogurt store is way too cute. I just love the funky updated retro-design.


The colors are really fun and right up my ally. Best part of the trip? The store was donating one dollar to the American Cancer Society for every 16 ounces of yogurt purchased that day. You don't have to tell me twice! I can easily rack up 16 ounces of fro-yo. Well, actually fro-so since I can't really eat fro-yo.


The Peachtree City TCBY is more like other popular frozen yogurt bars such as Yoforia, Cloud 9 (another personal favorite of mine), and Frozen Yogurt Bar. You start with a giant cup and the rest is self serve. 

I really wanted this....



But I was good and went with this raspberry fro-so[rbet]. 



And then I topped with some Strawberry-Kiwi sorbet for color. Who am I kidding? I just wanted more sorbet.


They had your usual display of toppings. I always go for the fresh fruit myself, but you can get anything from sprinkles to captain crunch to peanut butter cups. Michael, the store manager, tells me that they are working with local farms in the area to get all their fruit fresh and in season. I'm a big time local foodophile so I was very excited to hear that.


I was very close to grabbing some of these maraschino cherries, but I went with blueberries instead. 


I'd much rather have fresh blueberries then sugary food-colored semi-fruit, even if they are super delicious.


Of course I added a ton of my favorite thing on earth. That would be coconut. 


Delicious, delicious coconut. I also tossed on some toasted almonds and strawberries. Yum!


My finished creation was just under 16 ounces, but at least I gave it a good shot.



I guess TCBY donated about 90 cents in my name and I got to eat delicious sorbet and enjoy the company of a great lady who also happens to be cancer free for 29 years! Congratulations Mrs. Carol! 

So you're probably all thinking this is becoming a food blog with two posts in a row being food centered. Well I promise you it is not. I've got lots of sewing going on this weekend. 

Goals for this weekend are: 
1. Finish last baby surprise for Mrs. Eleanor
2. Cut out the fabric for the January Dress
3. Put some paint on the walls. 

Expect a sewing post on Monday all! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Oh my, that place is adorable and that frozen yogurt looks sooooooooo delicious. I'm in complete envy!

And oh my goodness baby surprises! I'm sure it's lovely!!!!!!